So I got really interested in these diy blogs. I've stumbled on quite a few. Somewhere along the way I decided I wanted a kitchen Island and I was going find something to turn into a kitchen Island. I scoured some anitique/junk stores. I had seen this amazing old dresser turned into a bright blue beautiful island. Well mine won't be blue and a dresser is way to big for my little kitchen. I had a few scoffers who told me that I would not like an island in my teenie weenie kitchen. Well I pondered this, mapped out the size I wanted and found an end table that I thought would be just right. So I took my parents along to see this end table and once I got my Dad's approval we took it home. Now you know from previous posts and because I'm pretty sure you know me and my Dad or you would not be reading this that my dad is very handy with tools and wood. So I needed him to say what I had in my mind was possible and that he would do it. I am not a power tool girl yet. I hope to be. I survived 7th grade shop class. I wired a wall, made a kitty cat door stop, and a beautiful stained plaque that said, "If mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy." My mom wasn't too happy with that one, but I lay that on my shop teachers head. I passed with an A, but he did take my project and fling it across the room once. Rumor was he threw a hammer at a kid, so I figure I got out really lucky. Anyways I liked Home Ec a lot better. I love my sewing machine and my cooktop. U-turn! Back to the island, so I have a picture of my end table up on blocks (well actually five gallon buckets) to preview the height. I call it my redneck Island. Oh and I love it. I mean love it. I used it like this for a few weeks, much to my mother's fear. Not because how tacky it looked but because of the stability. I promise we tested that too. It was stable. So it looks different now, but I'm going to post about this little by litte because I think I need a hook to keep you coming back. ;) I know I don't post enough anyways, but life gets in the way. BTW we are currently homeschooling and potty training. That's enough to keep an organized person busy, but me doubly busy. Oh and forgive me for the photo. It was taken on my phone and it's the only one I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment