Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Me No Poopy"

So don't you love the title! To quote a comedian "I can't make this stuff up I just right it down". So Micah is very much in the 2's. He is definitively stating his negative will. Our house rings with phrases of me no green bean, me no nap time, me no swim, me no bedtime... you get the idea. So the other day in the car, Micah was playing with two little dogs. He calls out "Mommy". I respond thinking he is talking to me. "No doggies mommy. OK so he is having his dog talk to it's mommy. So as the trip continues we hear the Mommy dog ask the baby dog a question. "You poopy?" The baby dog responds "Me no poopy." I laughed and laughed over that one. We hear that phrase a lot in the house, but to hear it in imaginative play. Too funny.

I have been contemplating starting to potty train, but I am of the camp that they should be fully ready and want to themselves. So the me no poopy has been my gauge. Micah is rather inconsistent with it. He will say he it when he is, when he is not, when he thinks you want to change him. All the time actually. So I am going to wait a little longer. No problem there. I am in no hurry to start that incredible fun process anytime soon.

By the way my spell check doesn't like poopy, how should I spell it then. Poopie, Nope doesn't like that either. Wow the life of a mom. I mean this is important, I want to properly record this years from now so that I don't forget it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment